Meet the CyberKnife
CyberKnife is an advanced technology that delivers a specialized form of radiation therapy called stereotactic radiosurgery, or stereotactic body radiation therapy. It is the only system to continuously stay on target despite patient and tumor motion. It enables tumors to be treated anywhere in the body with confidence and without compromise.
During CyberKnife procedures, patients will lie on a treatment table while the machine’s robotic arm moves around their body delivering high doses of radiation directly to their tumor with sub-millimeter precision, minimizing exposure to surrounding healthy tissue. Most treatment sessions typically last 30 – 60 minutes in 5 or fewer treatments depending on the size, shape and location of your tumor.
Good Candidates for CyberKnife
- Medically inoperable or surgically complex tumors, or those who seek an alternative to surgery or conventional radiation therapy.
- Recurrent cancer or metastatic tumors that have spread to other areas of the body from the main tumor site.
- A high risk of developing complications after surgery.
- Those who have had prior radiation treatments.
- Actively participating in watchful waiting.
Key advantages of CyberKnife:
- Noninvasive, NO incisions, NO knife
- NO anesthesia or hospitalization required
- 5 or fewer outpatient treatment sessions
- Little to NO recovery time
- Allows for an immediate return to daily activities
- Minimal, if any, side effects due to pinpoint precision of high-dose radiation delivery
- Minimal radiation exposure to healthy tissue surrounding the tumor treatment site
Talk to a Team Member
Our physicians and team are on call to help evaluate the best options for you! Contact us today!